Terms & Conditions
Reservations and Deposit Policy
- A valid credit card must be provided at the time of booking.
- A deposit equal to the first night’s full accommodation charge will be deducted from the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- Bookings are always conditional upon the payment of the deposit at the time of booking.
- Unless there is a prior arrangement with management, the balance is payable 28 days prior to the check-in date.
- The balance will be deducted from the credit card provided.
Cancellations and Refund Policy
We strive to be flexible with our cancellation and refund policies, as we understand that sometimes things happen and plans change. Having said that, however, you might recognise that it is unfair to both us and other people wanting to stay with us if we accept bookings from you if you are not really committed to staying with us, or you are just “covering your bases” with multiple bookings at different establishments.
Unfortunately, the trend of people making bookings and then cancelling at the last minute is most prevalent with third party booking sites that advertise “Free Cancellation”. As most establishments impose a fee or charge on cancellations, we feel that this is misleading on the part of those third party booking sites that make such claims. More importantly, other people seeking accommodation may be locked out and unable to book.
Accordingly, we lack flexibility with cancellations of bookings made through third party sites, rather than with bookings made directly with us. Moreover, we are unable to cancel or amend bookings made through third party bookings sites – it can only be done by you through the relevant third party site.
With that in mind, our cancellations and refund policy depends upon a number of factors. Please carefully read the particulars below:
NSW School Holiday Periods
- Cancellations 28 days or more prior to your arrival will entitle you to a refund of all moneys paid, less the first night’s full accommodation charge.
- Cancellations less than 28 days prior to your arrival will not qualify for any refund of either the deposit or the balance paid (or payable).
Other Times of Year
- Cancellations at least 8 days prior to your arrival will entitle you to a refund of any monies paid, less a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations 7 days or less prior to your arrival will not qualify for any refund of either the deposit or the balance paid (or payable).
- A failure to show on the day of arrival will not qualify for any refund of the deposit or the balance paid (or payable).
At least 24 hours’ notice is required if you decide to vacate earlier than originally booked. Notwithstanding the required notice being given, you shall forfeit all monies unless the apartment can be re-booked for the entire duration, in which case the remaining monies shall be credited back to you, less a Cancellation Fee of $25.00.
Changing Reservation Dates
Subject to availability, you may change the dates of your reservation without incurring any fee, provided you give us at least 30 days’ notice if your original booking was within the NSW School Holiday Period, or at least 7 days’ notice if your original booking was outside the NSW School Holiday Period.
Dog Owner Policies
Only certain apartments in our establishment are pet friendly and strict rules apply, as follows:
- An additional charge applies, as indicated in Tariffs.
- Guests must book by phone to request a pet friendly apartment to ensure that a suitable apartment is available.
- Pets must be clean, properly vaccinated and on a tick and flea treatment program.
- Your pet must be totally house trained.
- Pets must never be left unattended at any time.
- Guests must clean up after their pet.
- Guests are responsible for any damage caused by their pet.
- Care must be taken to ensure that the pet does not interfere with the enjoyment of facilities by other guests.
Bringing your pets to Marcel Towers
Marcel Towers have some apartments that are pet friendly but it is essential that you CONTACT US DIRECT TO MAKE YOUR BOOKING as the 3rd party websites do not show in which rooms pets are allowed.
Our pet friendly apartments are very popular and can be booked out especially during holiday times – another reason to CONTACT US DIRECT TO MAKE YOUR BOOKING – this will avoid you arriving with an apartment booked, but not one that is pet friendly. Alternatively, if our pet friendly apartments are fully booked or you have more than one dog, quite close by to Macksville is the Coronation Kennels & Cattery. You can make a prior booking with the Coronation Kennels & Cattery for as many days/nights as you need to and then either drop your dogs and cats off before or after you check in at Marcel Towers.
If your dog is staying with you in one of our pet friendly apartments but you want to go out for the day or perhaps to dinner in the evening without your dog (dogs cannot not be left alone in our apartments), the Coronation Kennels & Cattery also have a day care service.
For more details visit: coronationkennelsandcattery.com.au or call direct (02) 6568 2018.